Barcelona wine tours
Uncork the bottle and find out about our native grapes, family run cellars and winemakers that keep alive the best of our wine culture
We are pretty sure you have enjoyed some glasses of an oaked tempranillo from Rioja or Ribera del Duero, and perhaps even got to try a decent but pricy grenache from Priorat. In a global market dominated by few wine regions and large producers, those who have enough resources to export, we still have the chance to surprise wine lovers and serious connoisseurs. Get ready for a trip into the unknown.
Sumoll, Mandó, Trepat, Grenache and Pansa Blanca are just some of the varieties of grapes being gathered in the region. From Terra Alta to Empordà, from Pallars (in the Pyrenees) to the coast of Tarragona, there are many wines that we want you to taste. Because they are only made here. Because they are unique. They are really good and we love them.
- Have you tasted or heard about wines made from Trepat, Sumoll, Morenillo, Malvasia or Samsó? Don’t worry, we’ll toast with them soon.
- Exclusive, private visits where you will meet and talk to winemakers.
- The wines we taste are probably not the best in the world, but they are a true reflection of our ancestral viticulture. Respect, Mr.Parker.
- Buses and groups of people queuing for a standard boring visit on an electric train. We avoid theme parks.
- Pushy salespeople. Nobody will try to sell you bottles and boxes of wine. We insist: we don’t take any comission from the places we visit.
- Are you able to tell us the name of three Catalan wineries? Great, although we won’t visit any of them. We only call on those outstanding family-run wineries.