BOQUERIA TRIP TO BARCELONA 2018
Join Boqueria restaurants (NYC and DC) chef Marc Vidal and its founder, Yann de Rochefort, for an exclusive, culinary tour around Catalonia
In their book, Boqueria: A Cookbook from Barcelona To New York, chef Marc Vidal and Boqueria’s founder Yann de Rochefort swing open the kitchen doors to give readers a glimpse into their NYC and DC restaurants and the markets, locales and people that inspired them.
Now you have the chance to join Boqueria’s crew, together with Aborígens, on a literal, culinary tour of Barcelona as we visit our favorite haunts and points of inspiration: the cobblestone streets of el Born, the bustling aisles of the Boqueria market, and restaurants serving a wide range of food from rural Catalan fare to cutting-edge, modern cuisine.
A once-in-a-lifetime 9 days- 8 nights tour that will include some of the best restaurants in Catalonia (Tickets 1*, Can Jubany 1*, Compartir) and unique, private visits to food producers. Enjoy the local food and wines from the area and take some time off to explore Barcelona and some beautiful coastal towns from September 14th – 22nd, 2018.
- Tickets (1* Michelin), by Albert Adrià. The ultimate tapas experience by the youngest of the Adriàs, and his first personal project after closing El Bulli in 2011. Here we will enjoy a tasting menu specially designed for Boqueria Trip to BCN guests, wine pairing included.
- Can Jubany (1* Michelin), by Nandu Jubany. One of the most celebrated restaurants of Central Catalonia, and one of the kitchens where Boqueria’s chef Marc Vidal was trained. Get ready for a lavish tasting menu where rural food is elevated to fine dining.
- Compartir, by Eduard Xatruch, Oriol Castro and Mateu Casañas (3 El Bulli former head chefs). A casual approach to the Mediterranean essence of cooking in a popular restaurant of Costa Brava, located at the beautiful white town of Cadaqués. Simple, fresh dishes by three of he most talented chefs in Catalonia.
- Market breakfast at La Boqueria cooked by friends of chef Marc Vidal.
- Private tasting during harvest season at 2 wineries in Penedès region, famous for its cava sparkling wine.
- Special access to Barcelona’s fish auction and gambada seafood dinner at a fishing society.
- Open-air rice lunch cooked by Marc Vidal and a local chef.
- Private Iberian ham carving session and tasting by a producer.
*All inclusions, payment terms and booking conditions will be sent by email individually upon request.